If your property has a slab foundation, it likely houses a portion of your water and sewage lines. When these pipes sustain damage and start to leak, it can create big problems without professional plumbing intervention.
If you suspect that your Eastern Shore home or business is suffering from slab leaks, our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning in Salisbury, MD, are ready to serve. With the help of modern tools, we can quickly locate the leak, limit your losses, and return your plumbing system in top shape!
Our technicians are available 24/7 to assist with any type of plumbing emergency. Call us for fast arrivals and effective repairs!
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Different sources of pipework damage require different solutions, which is why a comprehensive assessment is so important. Many factors can contribute to the development of slab leaks, including:
- Old plumbing systems: Natural wear and tear can thin down your pipe linings and create openings. PVC pipes may last 45 years, while metal ones have a lifespan of over 80 years.
- Faulty slab foundations: Improperly set foundations may create excess pressure on your pipework and cause damage.
- Subpar pipework: Improperly installed pipes can lead to rapid deterioration and frequent plumbing problems
- Corrosive substances: Some natural soil components or hard water can be corrosive enough to damage your pipe linings.
Common Symptoms of a Slab Leak
Business and home foundation leak detection is practically impossible without the right equipment, so what can you do as an Eastern Shore property owner? We recommend keeping a watchful eye for leak symptoms and giving our technicians a call to quickly locate the issue for you.
Common indicators of a slab leak include:
- Weak water pressure: Faulty waterline pipework will often result in low water pressure.
- Unexplained water bill spike: Damaged pipes will run water 24/7 and raise your utility bills.
- Wet floors: Leaking foundation pipes can cause water to accumulate on your property’s surfaces.
- Microbial growth: Excess moisture from water leaks can encourage the development of mold, mildew, bacteria, and other potentially harmful microorganisms.
- Uneven heating: If the water heater lines on your property suffer from a leak, it can lead to hot and cold spots
Uneven and unreliable heating can also stem from an outdated water heater. If your unit is over 15 years old, consider replacing your water heater.
Call Us for Fast and Effective Foundation Leak Repair
Plumbing emergencies like slab leaks require prompt, professional attention. When you choose Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, you can rest easy knowing that a professional will arrive at your property quickly and provide the best solution.