In the summer months, you want your house to be cool and dry. So if it feels hot and sticky, even when the air conditioner is running, you could benefit from a dehumidifier. These units can remove excess moisture and humidity from your house, making it more comfortable and preventing the growth of mold and mildew. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for dehumidifier installation and repair services in Salisbury, MD.
Does your dry house cause your skin to crack in the winter? Learn about our humidifier services!
Benefits AC Dehumidifiers Provide to Your House
When you walk into your house in the summer, are you greeted by sticky and humid conditions? If so, you might need a dehumidifier. Some of the advantages these units provide include:
- Eliminate clammy skin that can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Decrease musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Take some of the burdens off of your air conditioner, which can lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Like all systems in your house, occasionally your dehumidifier might encounter problems. Some issues your unit might experience include:
- The unit doesn’t turn on: This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- The system’s reservoir is full: This can prevent the system from turning on.
- The evaporator coils are frozen: This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- There’s a refrigerant leak: This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant is a dangerous substance and should only be handled by professionals.
If you experience these problems, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to let our experts repair your unit.
Make sure the air in your home is pure with air cleaning and filtration systems. Call us to learn about our services.
How to Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
To ensure your dehumidifier works correctly and keeps your home comfortable, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. You can do this by:
- Changing the filter regularly.
- Inspecting the condenser coils often.
- Cleaning the exhaust and intake grills.