When is the last time you replaced the filter in your air conditioner or furnace? If you can’t remember - or if it’s been longer than three months -- you need professional filter replacement services. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for services in Salisbury, MD. Our experts will replace your filters to keep your heating and cooling systems operating correctly. We are locally owned and operated!
Make sure your ductwork functions properly to heat and cool your home to the ideal temperature. Call us for air duct repair services.
Risks of Not Replacing Your Filters Regularly
Failing to replace the filter in your furnace or air conditioner can seriously impact your HVAC system, as well as reduce the indoor air quality in your home. Some other risks can include:
- Inadequate airflow: Clogged filters may prevent air from moving as expected.
- Risk of breakdowns: Blocked filters can cause wear and tear on your system and force it to overwork.
- Higher repair costs:If your system is being overworked it can result in more frequent repairs.
- Higher utility bills: If the system is overworked, it can use more energy to keep your home at the desired temperature.
When Should You Replace Your Filters?
How often should you replace the filter in your furnace or air conditioner? It can depend on a lot of factors. Some general guidelines to follow are:
- Change every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Replace every three months if you live in an urban area, as these areas can have potential air quality issues.
- Change every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace once a month if anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- Replace more often during periods of extended AC or furnace use.
Make sure your family is breathing in clean and pure air! Contact us to schedule air cleaning and filtration services.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
Changing the filters in your heating and cooling system regularly can have many positive effects on your HVAC units and your household’s health. Some advantages can include:
- Improved indoor air quality: This can benefit your family’s health.
- Lower utility bills: Units work more efficiently - and use less energy - when they have a clean filter.
- Increased lifespan of your unit: Changing the filter allows it to endure less wear and tear.
- Reduced dust around your home: The filters can help collect it before it travels through the air.