Winter weather can be brutal with snow, ice, and frigid temperatures. You need to make sure you have a functioning furnace to heat your house and keep it comfortable. When your aging unit needs to be replaced, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for replacements and installations in Salisbury, MD. Our expert technicians are licensed and insured!
Does your furnace need a tune-up? Contact us to learn about our furnace repair services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Replaced
Are you trying to decide if your aging furnace can make it through another winter or if it needs to be replaced? Watch for these signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed:
- Your unit is getting older and nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system can no longer effectively heat your home.
- Your unit has cracks. If there is a crack in the heat exchanger it can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can be very dangerous to your entire household.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Your system needs a large, costly repair.
If your unit is experiencing these issues, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to let our experts install a new unit. We are a Trane dealer!
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
Installing a new furnace can have many advantages for your entire household. Some of the benefits you might experience include:
- The unit has the latest technology and features to control the climate in your home.
- The system can be more energy-efficient, using up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- The unit can make less noise than older units.
- The system can provide more consistent heating throughout your house than an older system.
Are you looking for an energy-efficient way to heat your house? Learn about our heat pump services.
Common Furnace Problems
You need your furnace to function properly all winter to keep your house warm and safe. Unfortunately, from time to time your system might experience issues that require professional repairs. These can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to schedule a regular tune-up or maintenance on your unit can result in issues that need to be repaired.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Not replacing your filters regularly - at least every three months - can cause debris to build up, which can put a strain on your unit and result in poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and tear: Your unit can develop problems as it ages, requiring more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat you will need to have the device inspected by a professional.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Problems like a cracked heat exchanger can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. This can create a very dangerous situation for your household and needs to be inspected immediately.