Air handlers work with your cooling and heating to deliver treated air throughout your home or business. As air moves inside the system, it passes through filters to trap contaminants like dirt, mold spores, and dust mites before they reach your ductwork.
With such an essential job of improving indoor air quality and helping your HVAC system perform efficiently, it’s easy to notice when your air handler isn’t working correctly. Don’t hesitate to call our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning if you require air handler installation, replacement, or repair. We provide fast, 24/7 servicing in Salisbury, MD, and other surrounding areas.
If your property suffers from insufficient cooling, an outdated air conditioner might be the problem. Consider getting an AC replacement to beat the summer heat!
Know When Your Air Handler is in Trouble
Air handler damage is not always visible, but it tends to develop very noticeable symptoms. When you spot any of these common warning signs, give our technicians a call to examine your unit:
- Weak airflow: Leaking ducts or electrical issues may result in poor airflow that renders your heating and cooling almost useless.
- Poor indoor air quality: Uncleaned air filters can block your handler’s airways and even cause debris to reach your HVAC system, which often leads to additional problems.
- Water leaks: When debris accumulates in an air handler’s drain lines, it can clog and cause water to leak out.
- Odd noises: Squealing, grinding, or clanging noises might stem from damaged or improperly lubricated components.
We Provide Comprehensive Air Handler Repair
At Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, we regularly update our equipment and practices to match the highest industry standards. When a client calls us for air handler repairs, our technicians follow a thorough process that accounts for the condition of every component.
Common causes of a faulty air handler include:
- Dirty blower compartments
- Damaged blower motor
- Weak fan units
- Clogged-up drain lines
If you have an HVAC emergency where your heating or cooling suddenly ceases to function, our repair services are available 24/7 for your convenience. We service all models!
Getting an Air Handler Replacement
Older components of HVAC systems simply don’t perform as well as newer ones. Over time, your air handler will begin to lose effectiveness at filtering out contaminants, reducing noise, and transferring treated air. When you replace an outdated unit, your whole HVAC system provides better cooling and heating while reducing energy consumption.