Do you suffer from dry skin, brittle hair, and bloody noses during the winter months? It could be due to dry air in your house. You can avoid these situations by adding moisture to your home with a humidifier. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for humidifier installations and repairs in Salisbury, MD. We are the Eastern Shore’s preferred plumbing and HVAC company!
Keep your household healthy with clean air. Learn about our air cleaning and filtration services.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
Don’t endure a dry house in the winter months. Instead, install a humidifier and start to enjoy its many perks. Some of the benefits these units provide include:
- Added moisture to indoor air during the winter months.
- Increased interior comfort.
- Relief from irritated sinuses.
- Less dry skin.
- Reduced snoring.
- Relief from a dry throat.
- Less cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With Humidifiers
After installing a humidifier in your house, you might experience some common problems with the unit. Some issues you might encounter are:
- The unit isn’t producing the right amount of moisture needed for your home. This can be the result of either the sponge pad accumulating too many minerals or the unit is not level.
- The water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The drain is blocked, causing leaks to occur along the line. High water pressure can also cause this issue.
- The system will only activate if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your home.
Do you have too much moisture in your house? Instead of coping with a humid house, especially in the summer, contact us to learn about our dehumidifier services.
Required Maintenance for Humidifiers
To keep your humidifier working correctly, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on the system. Some tasks you should perform include:
- Check the water evaporator pad: It can become clogged with mineral deposits.
- Inspect the blower motor: The motors in these units can break down and need to be replaced, which will require professional services.
- Check the water inlet valve: As these can become clogged or stuck, reducing the amount of water the unit has access to. This can cause the system to produce less moisture since it has less water available.