A leak in your ductwork can prevent air from circulating correctly throughout your house. It can also impact your health as it can enhance allergy and asthma symptoms, and even cause your utility bills to increase as your heating and cooling units have to work harder to keep your house comfortable. To avoid these issues, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule services in Salisbury, MD. We are locally owned and operated.
Are your allergy symptoms worse, even in your house? Contact us to learn about our indoor air quality services.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Services
There are many benefits to having a professional clean your air ducts regularly. Some of the advantages can include:
- Better indoor air quality.
- Less indoor allergens in your home. This can reduce allergy symptoms for those in your house.
- Consistent and healthy air in your home.
- Longer-lasting ductwork.
- Early detection of minor issues that could become major problems - and more expensive - if not fixed quickly.
- Reduced energy costs.
Signs You Need Air Duct Repair Services
You need fully functioning ductwork in order for your heating and cooling systems to work properly. If your air ducts start to leak, it can reduce your indoor air quality and put added stress on your furnace or AC unit. Some signs that can indicate you need professional repair services are:
- There’s stuffy and humid air in your home.
- Your energy bills are increasing due to your unit working harder.
- There is uneven heating and cooling throughout your home, leaving hot and cold areas.
Is there too much moisture in your home, especially in the summer months? Learn about our dehumidifier services.
Particles That Can Affect Air Ducts
Particles or contaminants can live in your air ducts, impacting the performance of your ductwork. If these are not removed, they can damage your HVAC system and impact the air quality of your home. Some particles that may exist in your ductwork can include:
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
If you suspect you have these particles in your ductwork, call the experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to inspect your air ducts and remove the contaminants.