Your family spends a lot of time at home, so it’s important to ensure the air they are breathing is clean and healthy. Improving your home’s indoor air quality can keep your loved ones safe, and also help minimize asthma and allergy symptoms by filtering particles out of the air. For indoor air quality services in Salisbury, MD, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. We are the expert company you can trust!
We offer the following indoor air quality services:
- Air Duct Repair
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Filter Replacement
Are your air ducts leaking? Contact us to learn about our air duct repair services.
Ways To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Poor air can lead to several issues, including increased allergy and asthma symptoms. Fortunately, you can take steps to improve your indoor air quality, including:
- Clean your air ducts: Having professionals clean the ducts can remove mold, bacteria, dust, and other debris.
- Change your air filters regularly: Changing your HVAC system’s air filters about every three months can reduce irritants like mold, pollen, and bacteria from entering your home.
- Install an air purifier: These systems can remove pollutants from the air like smoke, mold, pet dander, and even viruses.
- Use a dehumidifier: Reducing the level of humidity in your home can help lower the number of indoor pollutants, such as mold and mildew.
- Clean frequently: Performing simple tasks like vacuuming and cleaning your home regularly can help remove the larger particles -- and dust -- from your home.
Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality
There are numerous products, substances, and particles that can lead to poor indoor air quality. Some potential causes can include:
- Dust mites
- Poor ventilation
- Mold and mildew
- Chemicals from cleaning products
- Chemicals from paint
- Building materials
- High temperatures
- High levels of humidity
Is there too much moisture in the air in your home? Learn about our dehumidifier services.
Why Your Indoor Air Quality Is Important
When you and your family are home, you want to ensure you are breathing in clean and healthy air. Poor indoor air quality can lead to numerous health issues, including:
- Itchy or irritated eyes
- Burning nose
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like symptoms
- Heart disease
If you suspect you have poor indoor air, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to have our licensed and insured experts inspect the issue.