Is the air in your house safe for your family to breathe? Stop guessing and make sure it’s pure and healthy. This is where your family sleeps and spends the majority of their time, so their health begins at home. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for whole-home air cleaning and filtration services in Salisbury, MD. We are locally owned and operated!
Maximize your climate control in your home by installing a smart thermostat. Contact us to schedule installation and repairs.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner
There are many advantages to installing an air cleaner in your home. Some of the benefits these systems provide include:
- Remove allergens from the air, allowing members of the household to have fewer allergy symptoms.
- Improve the air quality for people with asthma, resulting in fewer symptoms.
- Lower the humidity level in the house.
- Remove odors from the home to allow for a cleaner smelling property.
- Get rid of airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Types of Air Cleaners
When selecting an air cleaner for your house, there are many options to select from. Some common types can include:
- Whole-house systems: These provide consistent air quality control.
- Portable air purifier products: These units are less expensive than whole-house systems but they are not as powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems clean your air while producing oxidation properties that safely control air pollutants.
Make sure your heating and cooling systems are operating efficiently by changing your filters regularly. Contact us to learn about our filter replacement services.
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Air Cleaners
To keep your family healthy, you need to keep your air cleaners working properly. Some maintenance tasks to perform regularly on your units can include:
- Vacuum the unit regularly to remove dust.
- Change the HEPA filters every 3-6 months.
- Have the unit professionally serviced at least once a year to have the technician ensure it’s performing as expected. They can also look for any minor issues that need to be repaired before they turn into major problems.
- Change the bulbs in UV air purifiers as needed.