Did you know there’s an energy-efficient heating system that can both heat and cool your house? Heat pumps take heat from groundwater to warm your home in the winter and pump heat out of your home in the summer to keep it cool. If you are interested in learning more about this system or want to schedule repair or installation services, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for appointments in Salisbury, MD. We are a locally-owned and operated company!
Is your forced-air furnace failing to properly heat your house? Contact us to learn about our furnace installation services.
Advantages of Installing a Heat Pump
There can be many advantages to installing a heat pump in your property instead of a forced-air system. Some benefits can include:
- A more energy-efficient unit: These units use renewable energy sources to heat and cool your home. This can help lower your utility bills.
- Potential government incentives: You could be eligible for renewable heat incentives from the government.
- Better indoor air quality: You can enjoy better indoor air quality with these units as they do not create smoke or add fumes to the air. They also have filters that can remove dust, mold, and other particles.
- Increased safety: These systems tend to be safer than other heating units and present fewer risks to your household.
- Less condensation: These units prevent condensation from forming.
- Better climate control: These systems allow you to have maximum control over the temperature in your home.
Energy-Efficient Benefits of Heat Pumps
One of the main benefits of installing a heat pump in your house is it is more energy-efficient than other systems. Because heat pumps move heat instead of generating it, they use less energy than forced-air systems. This can provide the following benefits:
- They can cost as little as 25 percent of operating traditional cooling or heating appliances since they move heat instead of generating it.
- They use just a small amount of electricity to transfer hot and cold air.
- They enable you to easily increase or decrease the temperature of a room within a few minutes.
- They can quickly change from heating or cooling mode with the push of a button.
Is your heater making odd noises? Contact us to schedule heating repair services.
Potential Problems With Heat Pumps
Like all heating systems, occasionally your heat pump might encounter issues that require professional repairs. Some potential problems your unit could experience include:
- It cycles incorrectly: If the unit turns on and off too often, it can be due to overheating caused by a malfunctioning blower or clogged filter. This should be inspected by a professional to determine the cause.
- Condenser malfunctions: If the condenser unit freezes, the entire system needs to be shut off. The unit should be inspected by a heating contractor to look for blockages and make repairs.
- Blower stops working: If the air in the unit becomes too hot, the system will shut down. This can cause the blower to stop functioning properly. A professional should inspect the system to determine the exact cause.
- Improper installation: These units should only be installed by professionals. This can help reduce the chances of them being installed incorrectly.