Make sure your building’s occupants are comfortable by ensuring your heating and cooling systems work correctly. Whether you need an AC tune-up or a furnace repair, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for appointments in Salisbury, MD. Our licensed and insured technicians can quickly and accurately repair your HVAC units.
Does your aging AC unit need to be replaced? Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Advantages of Timely Commercial Air Conditioning Replacement
When your AC unit starts to show signs that it needs to be replaced, it’s important to install a new unit as soon as possible. Some of the benefits a new system can provide are:
- More consistent cooling throughout the property.
- Better climate control, especially if programmable thermostats are installed.
- Lower monthly utility bills, as newer units are more energy-efficient.
- Increased indoor air quality, as the new system can remove dust, debris, and other particles from the air.
- Less chance of needing repairs in the near future.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Don’t leave your building’s occupants in the cold this winter with a malfunctioning furnace. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need professional repairs on your system are:
- Short cycling: If your system runs for less than three minutes before turning off, it can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or a broken thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If the flames are uneven or lean toward the back of the furnace it can indicate a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to serious problems. If you notice this, you should call a professional immediately.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear rumbling, popping, or whistling coming from the unit it can indicate a number of issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Cracked heat exchanger: This can lead to a serious issue like a carbon monoxide leak. It should be inspected by a professional as soon as possible as it can cause serious health issues for the occupants in your building. If you suspect you have a leak you should evacuate the property and then seek professional help.
Are your energy bills rising and your building still isn’t at the right temperature? Contact us to learn how a smart thermostat can benefit you and your property.
Easy Ways To Reduce Heating and Cooling Costs
Keeping your commercial property at an ideal temperature in the winter and summer months can cause your utility bills to rise. Fortunately, there are easy ways to reduce these costs. Use these tips:
- Make sure the building is properly insulated.
- During the summer months, keep the drapes closed to block the sun from entering the building.
- In the winter, open the drapes to let in the sun and extra heat.
- Change the air filters regularly to keep the system functioning properly.
- Have a professional perform regular air duct inspections to look for damage and leaks.
- Install energy-efficient HVAC systems to reduce the amount of energy used.
- Install a smart thermostat to better control the temperature of the building.
- Use fans in the summer to help circulate the air and make the building feel cooler.