When you need a new sink, faucet, or water heater installed, leave the work to the experts. Trying to do plumbing repairs and installations on your own can lead to larger problems that can cause major water damage. Instead, call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for services in Frankford, DE, and let our licensed technicians handle the work. We are a locally owned and operated company!
Why do your Frankford neighbors trust us to repair their plumbing issues? Read our testimonials to find out!
We offer complete plumbing services to the Frankford area, including:
- Emergency services
- Water heater services
- Tankless water heater services
- Toilet repair services
- Drain cleaning services
- Water leak detection
- Gas leak detection
- Sump pump services
- Backflow protection services
Common Causes of Burst Pipes
One of the best ways to avoid a major plumbing emergency like a burst pipe is to be aware of what can cause the problem so you can take precautions to prevent it. These can include:
- Freezing temperatures: This can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and expand.
- Major clogs: This can cause water pressure to build up, which can eventually lead to a burst pipe.
- Aging pipes: As they get older, pipes will corrode and crack.
- Tree roots: Nearby tree roots can infiltrate your pipes and cause them to burst.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can cause pipes to break.
- Construction: Major construction projects near your system can cause damage to your pipes.
Problems Your Water Heater Might Experience
Is your water heater no longer producing hot water? To avoid cold showers, it’s important to know what can cause this and other common issues with your unit. Some problems your system might experience are:
- It stops producing hot water: One of the most common issues with your unit is if it stops producing hot water. For gas-powered systems, this inconvenient issue could be due to an extinguished pilot light which can simply be relit. In other cases, the heating element could be severely damaged and need to be replaced.
- It is leaking: If there is a leak, a plumber can help you determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- It makes excess noise: This could be due to a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that must be professionally removed.
- It has cracks: Any cracks in the system should be inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired.
Are you putting off plumbing repairs until you can afford the work? Don’t wait. Ask us about our financing options.
Ways To Prevent Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can cause inconveniences around your house or commercial property. To avoid enduring slow-draining sinks or foul-smelling kitchen drains, use these tips to prevent blockages from forming in your system:
- Don’t put food scraps down the kitchen drain, even if you have a garbage disposal.
- Never pour liquid grease down the drain.
- Put a screen over the drain in your shower or bathtub to prevent hair from going down it.
- Don’t flush anything other than sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Book regular drain cleaning appointments with professionals.