Is it time to replace your aging water heater? Or do you have a leaky pipe that needs to be repaired? You need expert plumbing services. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to have our technicians resolve your issues. Our licensed and insured experts offer 24-hour appointments in Berlin, MD. We are locally owned and operated!
We are only as good as our customers think we are! Read our testimonials to learn what our clients think of our work.
We offer complete plumbing services to the Berlin, MD area, including:
- Drain cleaning services
- Water heater services
- Tankless water heater services
- Sump pump services
- Backflow protection services
- Toilet repair services
- Water leak detection
- Gas leak detection
- Emergency services
Common Sump Pump Problems
You need a working sump pump during major storms to keep water out of your home and keep your basement dry. Unfortunately, occasionally your system might encounter issues. Some common problems can include:
- Float valve issues: Make sure that your float valve is free from any obstructions to avoid more serious problems.
- Underpowered pumps: If your system is not designed for the specific needs of your property, it is important to have a new unit installed right away.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Ensure that your discharge pipes are clean and in proper working order to help you avoid more extreme issues.
- Worn-out pump motors: If the motor in your system wears out, ask a technician if it should be repaired or if you should replace the unit.
What To Expect During a Water Heater Tune-Up
Keep your water heater functioning properly by scheduling routine maintenance services at least once a year. During a tune-up, you can expect a plumber to:
- Drain the basin and remove any buildup of sediment. If this isn’t done regularly it can lead to various problems.
- Inspect both the inside and outside of the unit to look for hairline cracks or signs of aging.
- Check for any cracks in the hoses.
- Inspect and change your filters, if needed.
- Make sure the unit is operating properly.
Plumbing repairs don’t always wait until it’s convenient for your checking account. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning Services
It’s important to watch for symptoms that can indicate your drains need to be cleaned. This can help prevent larger blockages from forming and can help you avoid potential water damage. Some signs that can indicate you need professional drain cleaning services include:
- Slow drains: These can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If your drains are clogging frequently, it can signal you’re not removing the entire blockage yourself. This means it’s time to call in a professional.
- Multiple drains that are clogged at one time: If you have several clogged drains, it could indicate a severe blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Smelly drains could be caused by a minor issue, like food trapped in the drain, or a more serious problem like an issue with your sewer line.
- Flooding: One of the worst problems associated with clogged drains is a sewage backup. If you notice evidence of flooding in your basement or near a floor drain, this could indicate a clog. It may be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor.