Is your house too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter months? You might need a new thermostat. Call the experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for thermostat installation and repair services in Salisbury, MD. We can install a smart thermostat to ensure your property is at the ideal temperature, and to allow you to control the climate while you’re away from your house. We are locally owned and operated!
Is your building’s heating or cooling system malfunctioning? Contact us to learn about our commercial HVAC services.
What Is a Smart Home Thermostat?
Do you hate coming back from vacation to a hot, sticky house? Are your energy bills skyrocketing by heating or cooling your house while you’re at work? You could benefit from a smart thermostat. These WiFi-connected units allow you to control the temperature of your house from your mobile device, letting you turn the setting up or down while you’re away from home. This can help you save energy and ensure your house is comfortable when you’re home.
Common Thermostat Issues
Is your WiFi thermostat malfunctioning? It could be due to one of these common issues:
- A server outage or software issue: Your device may suddenly be unavailable if there is a server outage or a bug in the software. Until the issue is resolved, you may not be able to adjust the temperature.
- Your HVAC system doesn’t have a C wire: Smart thermostats use the C wire in your HVAC system to charge and to enable it to work without using power from the heating or cooling system. If your older unit does not have this wire, it can cause the HVAC unit to malfunction. A professional can install the wire to ensure the thermostat and HVAC system both work correctly.
- Dead battery: The device’s battery can go dead if it does not get enough power from the HVAC system. An expert can inspect the wiring to ensure the device is properly powered.
If you experience these issues, call our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to have them repair the device.
Is the cool air your AC unit is pumping out not making it to the various parts of your house? You could have a leak in your air ducts. Learn about our air duct repair services.
Benefits of Installing a Smart Thermostat
Are you on the fence about whether to install a smart thermostat or a traditional device? Check out these advantages of installing a WiFi-connected device in your home:
- You can add password protection to the unit so you can prevent your kids from changing the temperature unexpectedly.
- You can program it to various temperatures based on different times of the day so you’re not wasting energy while you’re away from home.
- You can connect your home thermostat to your smartphone, allowing you to control the temperature remotely from your device.
- You can decrease your monthly utility bills by better controlling the temperature in your home.