Delaware endures extreme temperatures throughout the year, from frigid winters to sweltering summers. To stay comfortable, it’s important to have fully functioning heating and cooling systems. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for AC and furnace repairs and installations in Selbyville, DE. We are the Eastern Shore’s preferred plumbing and HVAC company.
We love hearing from our customers. Read our highly-rated testimonials to learn what they think of our work.
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Selbyville area, including:
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Evaporator coil services
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Filter replacement
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Heat pump services
What To Expect During AC Maintenance Visits
We recommend having your air conditioner serviced by a professional at least once a year. During a tune-up you can expect our technicians to perform the following tasks:
- Check the refrigerant levels.
- Look for any leaks.
- Inspect your air ducts for excessive debris and potential leaks.
- Make sure that the proper amount of air is flowing through your evaporator coil. Examine the coil to determine if there are any other issues.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and ensure that cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect electric terminals. If needed, they will apply a non-conductive coating.
- Apply oil to the motors.
- Examine the belts, and inspect all other working components.
- Check your thermostat to ensure it is controlling your indoor climate properly.
Common Heater Issues
While it’s usually never convenient to have your heater malfunction, occasionally your unit might experience issues that require repairs. Some common problems your unit might encounter include:
- Uneven heating: This could indicate that your system is failing.
- Shuts down: If your unit shuts on and off frequently, it could be due to faulty wiring, a failing pilot light for gas-powered systems, or even a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Takes too long to heat: If your unit takes a long time to heat up your home, it could be due to leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or a problem with the belts and bearings.
If it’s time to replace your unit, contact our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. We are a Trane dealer!
We understand that unexpected HVAC repairs aren’t always in your budget. That’s why we offer financing options to our clients.
How To Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
It’s essential to keep your house warm all winter, but running your furnace can also take a toll on your utility bills. To make your unit more energy-efficient, use these tips:
- Install a programmable or smart thermostat.
- Check your air ducts to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Make sure that your property is well insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with a professional.
- Change your filter frequently, or as recommended.
- Open your drapes or shades to let the sunlight in.