Are your heating and cooling systems ready for the wear and tear of a new season? Don’t risk getting left in the heat this summer with a malfunctioning AC unit, and don’t endure a frigid house all winter with a broken furnace. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for expert, 24-hour furnace and AC repairs to get your systems up and running and restore comfort to your house. We are locally owned and operated!
Make us your first call when your heating or cooling system fails. Why? Read our customer testimonials to find out!
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Laurel area, including:
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Heat pump services
- Filter replacement
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- Evaporator coil services
What To Expect During an AC Tune-Up
To keep your air conditioner running correctly all summer, it’s important to have it tuned up at least once a year by a professional. During these routine services, you can expect a technician to:
- Make sure that your system has the correct amount of refrigerant, as well as check for any leaks.
- Inspect your air ducts for excessive debris and potential leaks. If we discover any problems, air duct service may be recommended.
- Make sure that the proper amount of air is flowing through your evaporator coil. We will also examine the coil to determine if there are any other issues.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and ensure that cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals and apply a non-conductive coating if needed.
- Oil the motors, as needed.
- Examine the belts and inspect all other working components.
- Inspect your thermostat to determine if it is properly controlling your indoor climate.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
Is it time to finally replace your old heater? If you notice the following signs it can indicate it’s time to install a new unit:
- If your system is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs multiple repairs, or a large, expensive repair.
- Rising utility bills. If your energy bills are steadily increasing, without a change in how often you are using your system.
- Cracked heat exchanger. If your unit experiences a serious issue, like a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- Loss of efficiency. If your unit is no longer properly and efficiently heating your home.
If you are experiencing these issues with your unit, contact our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. We are a Trane dealer!
When your furnace breaks down, you need it repaired ASAP. Don’t wait for the balance in your checking account to improve! Call us to learn about our financing options.
How To Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Keeping your house comfortable all winter can result in high utility bills. Fortunately, you can reduce these costs by using these tips to make your furnace more energy-efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Make sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Ensure that your property is well insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits with a professional.
- Change the filter regularly.
- Let the sunlight in to add more heat to your property.