When the temperatures outside plummet, you want to be able to seek comfort and warmth inside your house. Have your furnace or heater inspected by an expert before the cold weather arrives. Call Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for appointments in Berlin, MD. Our technicians are licensed and insured!
Why do our customers call us when they need their heater or AC unit repaired? Read our testimonials to find out!
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Berlin area, including:
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Filter replacement
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- Evaporator coil services
- Heat pump services
Benefits of Installing a New Air Conditioner
Is it time to replace your aging air conditioner? While you might have initially resisted the idea, installing a new unit can have numerous benefits for your household, including:
- Increased energy efficiency.
- New technology and features to provide maximum indoor climate control.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Longer shelf life.
When you need to install a new AC unit, contact our experts at Hancock & Son Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. We are a Trane dealer!
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Repaired
If your heater isn’t properly heating your home, it could need professional repairs. Some symptoms that can indicate you need a technician to service your system are:
- Your house isn’t warming to the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Your home isn’t heating evenly, leaving hot and cold spots.
- Your system begins to make loud and unpleasant sounds.
- Your monthly utility bills continue to rise without any change in use.
- Your thermostat isn’t working correctly.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
Are AC repairs not in your budget right now? We get it. That’s why we offer our customers financing options.
Common Furnace Problems
It’s never ideal to have your furnace malfunction - especially during the coldest part of winter -- but it might encounter occasional issues that need to be repaired. Some common problems are:
- Lack of maintenance: Not having your unit maintained by a professional frequently can lead to several issues with your system.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Failing to change your filter regularly can cause your unit to overwork and can lead to poor indoor air quality.
- Mechanical wear and tear: An aging unit will start to develop more frequent issues and begin to lose efficiency. When this happens it is usually more cost-effective to have the system replaced.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home or commercial property does not correlate with the setting on your thermostat a service appointment will be needed to determine the cause of the issue.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Cracks in your unit can cause carbon monoxide to leak out, creating a highly dangerous situation in your home or building. If the pilot light on your unit has turned from blue to yellow, if you notice an excessive amount of condensation on your windows, or if you start to feel sick in any way, evacuate your property immediately.